The Moore-Hornor Home served as a hospital following the Battle of Helena. Bullet holes in the parlor doors are a vivid reminder of the Battle of Helena. A wayside exhibit interpreting civilian life under martial law is located opposite the house, on the northwest corner of the New Fort Curtis lot. The Moore-Hornor House is an early asymmetrical Greek Revival style. Built in 1858-59, it was a style-setter in Helena patterned after the newer Victorian style on the East Coast. It is one of the earliest examples of this type of architecture in Arkansas. In addition to its architectural significance, the main fighting during the Battle of Helena took place directly behind the Moore-Hornor House. It is amazing that the house escaped destruction because it was in the direct line of fire from Fort Curtis and Battery D. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places, the house is owned by the Delta Cultural Center and tours and special events are available by appointment.