Preview of Travel Guide The Arkansas Delta Byways Travel Guide

William Stone House

According to oral history, the William Stone House was constructed c. 1884 and was a Sears & Roebuck pre-fabricated house. Because there is no documentation to support either claim, the Stone House was placed on the National Register as a c. 1900 structure. Little is known about Stone or the construction of his house, an example of a Plain Traditional residence with applied Colonial Revival and Folk Victorian detail. The house serves as a museum with displays on the history of Northern St. Francis County. It is operated by the Colt Community Development Corporation. Listed on the National Historic Register Oct. 8, 1992. (Alternate telephone: 870-633-7588)

address icon
44 Old Military Road East, Jct. of AR 306 and Ellis Lane, Colt, Arkansas