Piggott Commercial Historic District
The historic district listed in the National Register of Historic Places contains the original plat of the town’s commercial and government center as laid out in 1887 near the St. Louis Southwestern Railroad line. A one-story courthouse constructed in 1966 is located in the center of the district. Of the 69 resources within the district boundaries, 42 maintain a high level of historic integrity. There are two churches, a U. S. Post Office, county courthouse, city hall, railroad depot, lumberyard, cotton gin and grain storage facility within the boundaries of the district.