Phillips County Courthouse
Phillips County's first courthouse was a two-story log structure that housed a courtroom on its second floor and a jail on the first floor. A two-story frame courthouse, completed in 1847, burned in 1861. No attempt was made to build another courthouse until after the Civil War. While a new courthouse was being constructed from 1868 to 1870, a privately owned building was rented for court purposes and county offices. The new two-story brick courthouse was completed in 1869. This building was razed when the current courthouse was completed in 1915. This rectangular-shaped two-story courthouse features a flat roof with a pent roof running around the structure detailed as classical cornices. The most distinctive features of the building are the recessed sections of cast-stone blocks with engaged fluted Corinthian columns set into the north, south, and west elevations. The Phillips County Courthouse is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.