Mississippi County Museum & Historical Society
The Mississippi County Museum is in the 1902 building that originally housed the Fred G. Patterson Store. The store became a gathering place, with chairs around the pot-bellied stove filled by both men and women attempting to solve the problems of the world. The building remains much as it was in those early years, with the fixtures, shelving, and stools remaining untouched. An adjacent building serves as a research center, meeting room and a place for special events and exhibits. There is also a coffee shoppe decorated with 1950s memorabilia and a museum gift shop. The property is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and is an official Great River Road National Scenic Byway Interpretive Center.