Mississippi County Courthouse, Osceola
The Osceola Courthouse is a Neo-Classical structure completed in 1912. The floors throughout this building are the work of an artist. It is the only building in the county - and one of the few in the state - where baked stone tile has been used. The windowless first floor resists possible flooding by the Mississippi River, with principal entry to the courthouse on the second floor. The flat roof supports a copper dome encircled by concrete terra-cotta decorations with large, round, polished inserts on each face. The courthouse square contains a memorial to William J. Driver, United State Congressman and Circuit Judge. The structure is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.