Lee County Courthouse
By the mid-1930s Lee County decided to add onto the red brick courthouse it had built in 1890. Unlike several other Depression-era courthouse expansions in Arkansas, the 1936 addition was not a smaller extension attached to the back or side of the existing building, but a new building attached to the front of the existing structure. Visually different in both style and materials from the previous structure, the new courthouse updated the public image of the county's government. Architects George Mahan and Everett Woods used the Classical Revival style, which was considered more fashionable and representative of the county's ambitions. Listed in the National Historic Register.