Hale Avenue Historic District
Hale Avenue was established as the main east/west commercial corridor in the town of Osceola when it moved west from its original location to be close to rail lines in the early years of the 20th century. The railroad tracks and Railroad Avenue, a broad street that once contained the city's railroad depot, separate East and West blocks of Hale Avenue. Buildings are representative of the period 1900-1919. While most are typical of early twentieth-century vernacular commercial design, others have traces of high-style influence. Most notable are the eIaborate detailing of the Bank of Osceola BuiIding, the Neo-Classical elements of the Planters Bank Building, and the Art Deco styling of the Florida Brothers BuiIding. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places. Instructions for walking and driving tours available at both the Museum and the Chamber of Commerce offices.