Crittenden County Courthouse
The Crittenden County Courthouse is a Classical Revival style two-story brick building completed in 1911 in the of architecture. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on August 3, 1977. The first Crittenden County seat was established in the town of Greenock in 1826, but was moved to Marion in 1827. The current courthouse is the third to be erected in Marion. The words “Obedience to the Law is Liberty” are written in bold black letters on the friezes above identical porticos. The angular, flat roof is topped by a large distinctive dome with a copper-color finish.