Battery C Park-Battle of Helena
Battery C Park includes one of four earthen batteries erected by the Union army in 1862. This strategic location briefly fell to the Confederates during the Battle of Helena on July 4, 1863. Battery C Park is a self-guided site, but a guided tour may be requested based on staff availability at the Delta Cultural Center.
This outdoor site now includes illustrated panels, a landscaped park, paved walkways & handrails, cannons, life-size metal sculptures and a scenic overlook. Though the other three battery sites are not open to the public, there are historic markers in place.