Anderson House, Dr. A. G.
The Dr. A. G. Anderson House was constructed circa 1901. Dr. Anderson graduated in June 1890 from the Kentucky School of Medicine in Louisville. He first settled at Pilchers Point in East Carroll Parish, Louisiana. After about five years, Dr. Anderson moved to Eudora and established his practice there. He boarded with Dr. S. A. Scott, a prominent doctor who began practicing in Eudora in 1874, for five years before purchasing from Dr. Scott the property upon which his house and office were later built. The house is significant today as the best extant example of a T- shaped, vernacular central hall cottage. It is even more unusual that this fine example is found in the middle of the business district composed almost entirely of brick commercial buildings. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The house has been restored and serves as offices for the Chamber of Commerce.